Whilst restrictions are easing around the country, spectators can only be catered for if there is room to socially distance everyone. Unfortunately we can't comply with this government ruling and have decided that until all restrictions have been lifted we will continue with no spectating allowed. We understand you would love to watch your children ride, however we feel that the concentration levels have increased without parents watching, therefore without a doubt making it a safer environment to learn. We still expect all parents to wait in the car for the duration of the lesson. We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation. Thankyou, Kim xx
Update Sunday 21st March 2021
We are hoping to reopen the riding school on Tuesday 30th March 2021, this will be subject to the prime minister's next bulletin and the permission from our licensing authority St Alban's District Council . We are therefore taking bookings for the Easter holiday activities and weekend lessons. As I know this will be a busy time taking all your bookings please could you send me a text message to book rather than calling as this will allow me to respond to you all as quickly as I can. Please send your texts during the hours of 9.30am until 7pm only. Please refresh your memories by reading our strict Covid code of conduct that can be found on our website www.kimsequestrian.co.uk, and If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of Covid 19 then please do not attend. I would like to remind you that there is a non-cancellation policy for holiday activities and a 24hour cancellation policy for weekend lessons. We are very much looking forward to seeing you all again and with everyone's cooperation we can hopefully enjoy the sport we love in a safe environment. Kim XXX
Covid -19 update 5/1/2021.
Dear all . Following last night's government announcement i am sad to say that kims equestrian will be closed with immediate effect . Any monies paid in advance for lessons will be honoured and transfered to a later date . Until then please stay safe , look after each other and we all look forward to seeing you soon . Kim xxx
everyone . Here is the update that everyone has been waiting for and I am pleased to inform you that current government and council legislation permits us , a covid safe, outdoor, organised riding centre to remain open whilst in tier 4 . Please see the link to read this in full should you wish. Obviously your health and safety is of paramount importance to us at kims equestrian and we ask you to continue to follow, to the letter all of the covid safe practices that we have implemented from the start of the pandemic . Any changes to government legislation will be posted on our website www.kimsequestrian.co.uk as soon as we have notification . Christmas holiday activities will currently still be in operation as we are aware that we also play a role in child care for key workers at this difficult and stressful time . Kim xxxEvening everyone . Here is the update that everyone has been waiting for and I am pleased to inform you that current government and council legislation permits us , a covid safe, outdoor, organised riding centre to remain open whilst in tier 4 . Please see the link to read this in full should you wish. Obviously your health and safety is of paramount importance to us at kims equestrian and we ask you to continue to follow, to the letter all of the covid safe practices that we have implemented from the start of the pandemic . Any changes to government legislation will be posted on our website www.kimsequestrian.co.uk as soon as we have notification . Christmas holiday activities will currently still be in operation as we are aware that we also play a role in child care for key workers at this difficult and stressful time . Kim xxx
Hi everyone . I am so pleased to announce that we will be open for lessons from this Saturday the 5/12/2020. I can't wait to be back teaching as it seems like forever since I've seen you all. Please make sure you read through our website to refresh your memories with regards to the one way system and how will be operating safely through the pandemic. Unfortunately the under 5s lesson wont resume until further notice. Please as always send me a text with your booking preference and I will get back to you as soon as is possible. Many thanks Kim xxx
COVID-19 UPDATE 2ND NOVEMBER 2020
It comes with great sadness that we will be closing from now until Saturday 5th December 2020 due to lockdown.
Whilst we are upset by this news, we fully support the need to keep people safe and support the NHS in saving lives.
Any monies for lessons that have been prepaid will be honored and lessons rescheduled to suit. Please just send me a text with your required date and time.
On your return please be assured that all current measures for health and safety will be in place as before along with our COVID-19 safe practice and one-way system.
Finally, on behalf of myself and everyone at Kim’s Equestrian we would like to wish you all good health, happiness and safety through this pandemic. We look forward to seeing you in a months’ time.
NOTIFICATION TO RE-OPEN KIMS EQUESTRIAN RIDING SCHOOL
Dear all I hope this message finds you all safe and well. I have made the decision to re-open the riding school on Saturday the 30th May 2020 and continue trading thereafter whilst implementing some fairly stringent changes to comply with government guidelines regarding social distancing, bio-security plans and health and welfare of both customers and staff. Below are bullet points showing expected format from time of arrival until departure. Please familiarize yourselves thoroughly with these new rules and regulations prior to your return. I feel I have a duty of care to everyone who visits the farm and have been incredibly busy and productive over the last 10 weeks. I have had the entire farm re-painted, refurbished and sanitized in preparation to invite my customers back into a safe and sterile environment.
Please do not come to the farm if you are feeling unwell or showing any signs of COVID-19. With regards to cancellation we would still expect a full 24 hours’ notice.
· Bookings: Please either text or call Kim on 07966462143 to make a booking.
· *I apologize but I will not be running the under 5 years sessions until later in the year. *
· We are very fortunate in that the natural layout of the farm lends itself perfectly to implement a very good one-way system which we will be using until further notice.
· PPE: It is not mandatory but please feel free to wear gloves and a protective mask however, I do understand that wearing a mask whilst riding may not be terribly comfortable but as long as we maintain good social distancing when riding this should not pose any risks.
· On arrival: Please only park in the car park. (This is not an area to socialize!) Arrive 10 minutes before your lesson so there should be no one arriving as customers are leaving.
· Reducing footfall: Once parked, I would like only the rider to leave the car and whilst maintaining more than 2m social distancing start to follow the one-way system which you will see on the map below. You will also see markers and coned-off walkways to use within socially acceptable boundaries.
· One-way system in operation - Please see the above map.
· Route: Riders are to walk down the steps and head towards the hand sanitizing station and sanitize their hands. Then follow the arrows to the office, if queuing, wait in single-file 2m apart at the labelled cones. When reaching the office please pass your envelope through the hatch of the protective desk screen into a basket and then move down the line towards the gate of the outdoor school again in single-file.
· Payment: Riders should have the correct money in a sealed envelope with their name, lesson time and date written on the front. (please note there will be no change given/cash or cheques only) please make sure cheques are payable to Kim Slater, NOT Kim's Equestrian.
· Mounting up: Please wait to be called to enter the school individually to mount up and at the end off your lesson please dismount on the centre line and wait to be asked to leave the school.
· Exit procedure: Follow the arrows on the one-way system to the sanitizing station and sanitize hands thoroughly. maintaining good social distance between each other continue quickly and quietly round the back of the farm and straight to your car to exit the farm.
· Sanitizing horse tack: All tack will be disinfected between lessons so we ask you to please be patient whilst we do this. Please do not be tempted to touch the horses other than when you are riding them to allow good social distancing from my staff (club members).
· Spectating: Unfortunately, this will not be allowed for the time being so parents please unless you are riding stay in your car for the duration of the lesson.
· Summary: For this to work successfully and safely and for you to enjoy the sport you love so much I need your full cooperation in following these rules to the letter.
Please ensure you have read the new guidelines we have put in place to protect our customers and club members before booking a lesson with Kim. Thankyou all for your support during these times.
Hello and welcome to the website for Kim’s Equestrian!
The location of Kim’s Equestrian makes it well placed to offer safe and enjoyable horse riding in the beautiful Hertfordshire Countryside, that is easily accessible from St Albans, Hemel Hempstead and the surrounding areas.
Kim's Equestrian has been accredited with a Five star license rating by St Albans District Council for our facilities, structure, care and welfare of our riding school horses/ponies alongside our DIY livery yard which runs to the same standards.
Kim Slater has been teaching people to ride since 1984 and is a fully qualified BHS accredited professional coach.
The Riding School is part of Westwick Row Equestrian Centre, located on a quiet country lane between St Albans and Leverstock Green, which is easily accessible via the Hemel Hempstead Road. Surrounded by open countryside, the hacking track around the fields and woodland adjacent to Kim’s Equestrian, provides a safe riding environment for riders of all ages and abilities.
Safety is paramount and we pride ourselves on offering competitive rates and a good service in a very child-friendly atmosphere. Kim is assisted by members of her Riding Club who are all trained for, and expected to pass, their Bronze Award, which is based on the relevant British Horse Society Standards.
Please join our mailing list to recieve up to date news and events from the Riding School.
Julian Covaar BScBVScMRCVS
Julian Covaar Equine Limited
8 Station Road
Tel: 01707 874499
Lisa Grahame BVetMed MRCVS
Lisa Grahame Limited
6 Station Road
Two 5* equine vets who are both superb in every way. Their knowledge is vast and assessment, treatment and diagnosis of horses suffering injury or illness is sublime. Both Julian and Lisa have a very workmanlike work ethic but at the same time are very friendly and kind to both owners and horses. I cannot recommend them highly enough if you are on the look out for veterinary care of your horses. Kim x
Please fully read our Covid-19 protocol prior to contacting Kim as she will not take bookings until you confirm you have FULLY read our Covid protocol and information on the lessons/activities we run.
Due to government guidelines we are currently not allowing spectators during riding lessons, we are strict on this rule and parents/carers must remain in their cars for the whole duration of the lesson.